Kale salad is a fresh alternative to traditional boiled cabbage. We will tell you how to process useful winter vegetables in raw form and which ingredients make the salad particularly tasty.
In German winter cuisine, cabbage is usually cooked on the table. Traditional kale can also be eaten raw: you can use the leaves for a crunchy kale salad.
You can buy local cabbage from November to February. Here it is best to pay attention to the organic quality, as well as to other ingredients, for example natural land– or a Bioland seal. How to support one organic farming without chemical synthesis pesticides.
Salad with cabbage: a simple recipe
For 1-2 servings of cabbage salad, you will need the following quotes:
Here’s how you make coleslaw:
- Clean the cabbage from the stem, wash the vegetables thoroughly and chop them.
- Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
- clear and dice the onion.
- Fry the onion cubes together with the mushrooms briefly in a pan until the onion cubes become transparent.
- Place the cabbage in a bowl and pour the juice of one lemon over it. Let the cabbage leaves steep for about ten minutes. This will make the firm cabbage more tender and easier to chew later.
- While the leaves are infused, you can prepare the dressing for the cabbage salad. To do this, stir the tahini in the juice of the second lemon. Season the dressing with olive oil, salt and a little agave syrup.
- Put the chickpeas in a colander, rinse and dry.
- Meanwhile, cut the apple into small pieces. Give pieces together with chickpeas and dressing in a bowl with cabbage.
- Mix everything well and let the salad rest a little before serving.
Coleslaw: This is why winter vegetables are so good
Kale is rightly considered regional superfood. Cale, as it is called in English, is a real vitamin bomb and has a low calorie content. Thanks to healthy winter vegetables, cabbage salad contains, among other things:
Importantly: Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble. Therefore, do not skip the oil in the salad, otherwise your body will not be able to absorb it from the cabbage.
In addition, cabbage salad is rich in important minerals. They include:
Cabbage is usually served as a side dish to hearty dishes. Because some ingredients are sensitive to heat, kale best develops its health benefits when eaten raw – such as in coleslaw. But also to one Cabbage smoothie raw leaves can be processed.
** marked ** or orange underlined Some of the supply links are affiliate links: if you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, as we receive a small portion of the sales revenue. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!