- 100 grams of smoked meat
- 200 grams of onion
- 200 grams of potatoes
- 250 grams of carrots
- 200 g of celery
- 300 grams of leeks
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 600 g of chicken legs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 liters of vegetable broth
- 200 g tagliatelle
- parsley for serving
- Salt pepper
- Cut the smoked meat, peeled onion and celery into cubes. Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut them into small pieces. Wash celery and leeks and also finely chop them.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the chopped onion and smoked meat in it over medium heat for two to three minutes. Then add the chicken legs and saute for 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now add the chopped vegetables and bay leaf and pour the vegetable stock. Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then remove the chicken thighs from the pan and let them cool. Place the tagliatelle in the pot and let the soup simmer with the lid on for about ten minutes.
- Now remove the skin and meat from the chicken legs – see the video above for the best way to do this.
- Put the pieces of meat back in the pot and season the soup with salt and pepper. Then chop the parsley and sprinkle over the soup before serving.
This chicken noodle soup recipe is from Kitchen Stories cooking app. Chefs publish their videos exclusively for t-online.de, making cooking and baking child’s play.
Recipe: Chicken soup with a whole soup chicken
- 1 soup chicken (about 2-2.5 kilograms)
- 1 bunch of soup greens with parsley
- 1 bulb
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 3 medium carrots
- Soup with noodles or rice
- Salt pepper
- optional frozen peas, broccoli or asparagus
- Remove any attached feathers from the chicken. This works best with tweezers. Then clean the chicken.
- Place cold, salted water in a fairly large saucepan and bring to a boil. How much water you need depends on the size of the chicken and your pot. The chicken should be at least completely covered with water in the pot.
- Then drop the chicken soup and giblets into the boiling water. Close the pan with a lid and turn off the heat. Cover and simmer the chicken over medium-high heat for 2-2.5 hours.
- While the soup is simmering, wash and cut the soup vegetables. After cooking, remove the chicken from the soup and let it cool a little. Tip: the meat will be ready when it separates from the bone on the thighs.
- Now add the vegetables to the broth and continue stewing until the vegetables are ready.
- If desired, you can cook 200 grams of thin soup noodles in the soup. Rice with chicken broth is also delicious.
- Meanwhile, peel the chicken and separate the meat from the bones. Cut the skin and flesh into small pieces and return to the broth. Serve chicken soup with washed, chopped parsley.
If you do not add all the chicken to the broth, you can use the rest of the meat Hühnerfrikassee Cook.
What meat is suitable for chicken soup?
The basis of chicken soup is fresh soup chicken. Preferably from a farmer or butcher so you know where it came from and how it was fed. This guarantees good meat quality. Chickens from the supermarket are often not as tasty and often contain less meat.
As an option, you can use chicken legs or pieces of chicken to prepare the broth.
Prepare frozen soup with chicken
If you don’t have fresh chicken on hand, you can also use frozen chicken for the soup. But here the cooking time is extended to an hour. Whether the chicken is ready can also be determined as soon as the meat separates from the bone.
Chicken soup from a pressure cooker
If you have a pressure cooker, you can also use it to make chicken soup. Put soup chicken, chopped soup greens with water and a little salt in a pot. Close the lid and bring everything to a boil until there is no steam or pressure in the pot. Now reduce the temperature a little and leave everything to boil for another 30 minutes. Then remove the pan from the stove. After about 30 minutes, the chicken will be ready.