Ingredients for 8 servings
- 1 fresh soup chicken (2-2.5 kg)
- 2 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 8 peas of white pepper
- 4 carrots
- ½ celandine
- 2 leeks
- 175 g of Fregola Sarda tostada (fried small spherical pasta from Sardinia). Also suitable for other small pasta or pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon of butter 8 g of salt 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
Nutritional value per serving
- Energy value: 322 kcal/1 352 kJ,
- carbohydrates: 17 g,
- fats: 20 g,
- Proteins: 22 g, salt: 1 g.
Recipes and cookbooks for you
- Whether it’s healthy eating, vegetarian and vegan meals or delicious grilling ideas, we have recipes for every occasion and every taste. You can find our collection of recipes here.
- Cookbooks from Stiftung Warentest should not be missing in any kitchen, including aromatic vegetables, kitchen laboratory and accompanying diet. The bookstore at test.de gives you an overview of the wide range.
prepare the chicken. Cut the tails off the chicken and discard. remove the breast. To do this, cut the sternum lengthwise with a sharp knife, fold the meat and separate further along the ribs. Set aside the clean meat (see tip below).
Boil in a pan. Place the chicken in a pot with heatproof handles. Add water to cover the whole chicken. Add salt, mushrooms and pepper. Heat on the stove to a maximum of 90 degrees Celsius. Check the temperature with a roasting thermometer.
Advice: You can find good pans with our current pan test.
Cook in the oven for a long time. Preheat the oven to 110 degrees and place a baking sheet. After an hour, check the water temperature, it should be 85 degrees and stay that way. Check every hour. After eight hours, check for doneness: the leg bones should slide out easily.
Pinch out and steam the liner. Remove the chicken from the pan and let it cool slightly. Separate the meat from the bones, cut into small pieces and add to the broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cut carrots and celery into cubes and fry them separately with oil and salt. Fry the leeks in butter and soy sauce until cooked. Boil the noodles according to the instructions. Add to the soup to the vegetables.
With a soup chicken, you use an old laying hen. It has more taste, fat, and firmer meat than broiler chicken. “When a whole chicken is cooked for a long time, free glutamate is formed, which is the broth flavor,” explains Professor Dr. Guido Ritter. The scientific leader of the food laboratory of the Münster University of Applied Sciences developed the recipe for the test.
Here we remove the chicken breasts. They will become hard if you cook them for hours, but later they can be cooked for four more people.
Importantly: Take care of hygiene, raw meat can transmit germs (this way you will protect yourself from pathogens).