Like in China
Quick recipe: quick fried noodles with egg, chicken and vegetables
Fried noodles with egg, chicken and vegetables – just like from a proven Chinese restaurant. This lightning fast recipe is perfect for impatient foodies.
China has a traditional cuisine that is diverse and multifaceted thanks to the resources of different regions. In addition to dumplings, dim sum and spring rolls, there should be no shortage of fried noodles. A quick dish with colorful vegetables, eggs and meat is on the menu of the country’s traditional stalls. In China, street food stalls have been part of the food culture for 800 years. Food is prepared quickly and cheaply here. This also applies to this recipe, which is ready in less than 20 minutes.
All it takes is a wok and plenty of garlic to create the atmosphere of a food stall in your own four walls. While the Mi noodles are cooking in hot water, we cut them very warm – because Asian cuisine thrives on a variety of vegetables. Everything the fridge has to offer goes into the wok. Peppers, carrots and mushrooms are especially good, broccoli or sprouts also go well with the aromatic sauce made of sesame oil and soy sauce.
With their strong, spicy flavor, dried shiitake mushrooms are perfect for Asian wok dishes. Asian cultivated mushroom must be soaked in warm water before processing. Here it imparts some of its strong flavor to the soaking water, making it ideal for further seasoning the dish. Therefore, be sure to collect some water when draining it. As one of the most commonly used spices in Chinese cuisine, garlic gives the dish an authentic taste. When fried, leeks reveal their unique aroma and, together with fresh ginger and spicy onions, provide vitality. As a protein source, we use tender chicken breast. In addition, tofu or shrimp will add variety to the food stall.
Finally, the key to complete pasta happiness lies in the egg. Tossed with soy sauce and sesame oil, it thickens in the pan and coats the other ingredients in a thin, spicy layer. Voilà – served with fresh sesame seeds, the dish is steaming on the kitchen table.
Recipe for quick fried noodles
- 250 grams of noodles
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 6 onions
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 200 grams of carrots
- 200 grams of chicken breast fillet
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Salt pepper
- Boil a liter of water. Pour this over the mee noodles and leave for five minutes. Drain and drain.
- Pour 200 ml of boiling water over the mushrooms in a bowl and leave to soak for ten minutes.
- Drain, leaving 100 ml of soaking water. Remove the lignified legs of the mushrooms, cut the caps into strips.
- Cut the spring onion into small pieces. Cut the ginger into thin strips. Finely chop the garlic. Peel the pepper from the core, cut the pepper and carrot into small pieces.
- Wash the chicken, dry it and cut it into very thin strips.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the chicken and fry, turning, season with salt and pepper. Add pasta, mushrooms, carrots and diced pepper and stir-fry. Deglaze with mushroom water.
- Mix a tablespoon of sesame oil with soy sauce. Beat the eggs and add the sesame-soy mixture. Pour the noodles, stir, fry briefly.
- Arrange the dish on plates, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.