Baked chicken in an almond crust, orange-vanilla-cognac dressing, white beans and potatoes – spring can come!
Orange-vanilla cognac sauce
Oranges, peel and juice
Orange liqueur or cognac as desired
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Season to taste with salt, pepper and chili
Baked Almond Chicken
whole chicken (or pieces)
old baguette or white flour (or breadcrumbs)
Pretzel sticks or pretzel rolls
Mineral carbonated water
Orange liqueur or cognac
Corn oil for frying
- Cut the chicken into pieces, remove the skin if desired. If the chicken is very large, cut individual pieces into smaller pieces. Season with fleur de sel.
- For breading, crumble the old baguette into crumbs. Mix a few pretzel sticks or an old pretzel roll with the crumbs and place in a bowl.
- In a bowl, beat an egg with whole milk, mineral water and orange liqueur.
- Place the flour in another bowl.
- Coat the chicken pieces in a mixture of flour, eggs and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle some almonds on top of the egg-coated meat.
- Heat a large frying pan with oil. Dip a small piece of meat in oil before frying. When the oil is hot, it sizzles. Fry the chicken pieces on medium heat until golden brown (about 8-10 minutes).
- Remove from fat, place on a plate lined with paper towels, and dry. Serve immediately or reheat in the oven at 100°C.
Salad (head, arugula, lamb, etc.)
potato lard, boiled
white beans, boiled
Cut the orange into fillets
red chili pepper, finely chopped
- Wash the salad, squeeze it and tear it into pieces. Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Peel the orange and cut the fillet.
- For the salad, put all the ingredients in a bowl, pour the dressing and mix gently. Put the baked pieces of chicken on the salad, serve with a slice of lemon.
Impressions of preparation in the photo gallery.