Updated: 07/24/2020 – 18:25
Exotic chicken soup with coconut milk: Tom Kha Gai
Chicken soup always works. But if you want to dive into exotic worlds of pleasure instead of classic home cooking, then you should definitely try this delicious soup from Thailand: Tom Kha Gai.
And here’s how it’s done:
- First wash the chili pepper, then cut it into rings. Rinse them again under running water and remove the seeds. Remove the outer leaves from the lemongrass, peel and cut in half lengthwise. Wash the kale, then cut it into pieces. Pick coriander, wash and dry thoroughly. Then pick off the leaves and set aside. save the stems.
- Dry the chicken breast fillet and cut it into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, combine the coconut milk, 750ml water and 1 tablespoon of chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add some chilli, lemon zest, galangal, coriander stalks, kaffir lime leaves and shredded chicken and simmer together for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the mushrooms, then add them to the soup. Cook for another five minutes.
- Squeeze the lime juice and season the soup with it, fish sauce, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, if necessary.
- Before serving, remove the lemongrass, galangal, coriander stems, and kaffir lime leaves from the soup. Garnish the soup with fresh coriander and the remaining chili rings – and serve!
Advice: You can also add other vegetables to the recipe. For example, mung bean sprouts, crushed pepper and cherry tomatoes are good. And if you prefer a vegetarian version, you can leave out the chicken or replace it with pre-fried tofu.
Especially in the middle of summer, when the desire to travel is high but a vacation is not possible, people like to get a holiday feeling on their plate with the help of delicious international recipes. our Tom Kha Gai recipe culinary will take you to Thailand – one of the most favorite places for traveling Germans. If you want to know more Far Eastern recipes, you should definitely check out our gallery. There is so much to discover:
Not to mention the positive side effect of this exotic chicken soup with coconut milk: not only is the soup incredibly tasty, it is also suitable for a low-carb diet, with only 8 g of carbohydrates per serving. So perfect if you’re on a diet. You can also find other great soup recipes on our extensive topic page.